Wednesday 18 July 2012

"A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step"





According to the Oxford English Dictionary the definition of pursuit is “often associated with movement, particularly that in a competitive journey”. Essentially, this is what I see my future in advertising to be: entirely challenging, probably fraught with setbacks and struggles but hopefully moving in a forward direction. 
Truthfully, the path of advertising is one that I have only recently started to walk. After years of preparation for a career in a law, I awkwardly realised that I actually have no interest in it (apart from abiding by it I should swiftly point out for concerned readers). I’m much happier reading Marketing weekly than I am the knitty gritty parts of employment law. So much to my parents dismay (you can probably hear my mother’s sobs of disappointment as she packs away the barrister’s robes and judge’s gavel) this is the road I have chosen to tread. I’m not expecting anyone to give me a lift to my destination but if anyone has any wise words or directions along the way it would be much appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment